Obituary for Edward P. Davis
October 23, 2002
A funeral for Edward P. Davis, 69, a Carson City resident for the past 35 years, will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Teresa of Avila Catholic Church.
Mr. Davis died Oct. 20, 2002, at his home. He was born Oct. 9, 1933, in Burlington, Vt., to Edward and Alberta Lapan Davis.
He married Paula Tucker June 7, 1969, in Reno.
Before moving to Carson City, he lived in San Jose, Calif.
Mr. Davis was known as the Washoe Valley Handyman. He was a member of the Knights of Columbus in Carson City, the Desert Tortoise Club and Capital City Gun Club. He was an avid outdoorsman. He was a member of St. Teresa of Avila Catholic Church.
He served in the U.S. Navy during the Korean War as a radio operator.
Recommended Stories For You
Among his survivors are: wife Paula of Carson City; sons Glenn of Mississippi, Greg of Carson City and Gardner of Stagecoach; daughter Cossette Sergi of California; brother Mike of Carson City; sister Linda Unkovich of Montana; 12 grandchildren; two great-grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews.
Burial will be at the Northern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Fernley.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Teresa of Avila Catholic Church, 3000 N. Lompa Lane, Carson City 89706.
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’