Obituary for Howard Walker Christeson
October 22, 2002
A memorial service for Howard Walker Christeson, 83, a Gardnerville resident for the past 18 months, will be held at 6:30 p.m. today at First Baptist Church in Minden.
Mr. Christeson died Oct. 19, 2002, in Carson City. He was born July 5, 1919 in Waynesville, Mo. to Walter Christeson and Effie Gan.
Prior to living in Gardnerville he resided in Lapine, Ore.
Mr. Christeson was an avid fisherman and built furniture and cabinets for his home.
He is a past member of the VFW and served in the U.S. Army during World War II in the coast artillery. He achieved the rank of staff sergeant.
Among his survivors are his wife, Margaret Christeson of Gardnerville; sons, Michael of El Dorado Hills, Calif. and Jeff of Rowland Heights, Calif.; brother Walter Christeson of Washington and four grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
Cremation is under the direction of FitzHenry’s Crematory.
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand