Obituary for Iva Hosler Shoolroy
October 31, 2002
Iva Hosler Shoolroy, 84, died Oct. 30, 2002. She was born Dec. 10, 1917, in Columbus, Ohio.
She was raised and educated in Columbus and graduated from North High School where she was a National Honor Society member. She graduated from Ohio State University in 1939, where she was a member of Delta Delta Delta Society.
She married Ross Stoler Shoolroy in 1960 and they lived in Carson City and Elko, Kimberly, Idaho, and Wooster, Ohio.
Mrs. Shoolroy taught school in a small town in the coal fields of southeastern Ohio, in Wooster and in Carson City.
Among her survivors are: son Samuel P. Stewart of New Orleans, La., daughter Judith L. Fountain of Reno and daughter Sarah A. Cecil of St. Michaels, Md.; six grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Parkinson’s Society of Ohio, 371 McCampbell Hall, 1581 Dodd Drive, Columbus OH 43210-1296.
Recommended Stories For You
McIntire, Davis & Greene Funeral Home of Wooster is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’