Obituary for John Reynolds "Latch" Horlacher
October 30, 2002
John Reynolds “Latch” Horlacher, 78, a Stagecoach resident, died Oct. 19, 2002, at Carson-Tahoe Hospital.
He was born June 12, 1924, in Ely, to John F. and Mary E. Hearne Horlacher.
Mr. Horlacher retired from the Nevada State Highway Department after 18 years. He ran for Carson City supervisor in the mid-1980s. He wrote letters to the editor of the Nevada Appeal under the name of “Latch.” He was involved with the handicapped association for many years and enjoyed writing poems and listening to country-western music. He was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
He served in the Merchant Marine during World War II.
He was preceded in death by his wife,Jeanine, son Timmy, and 10 brothers and sisters.
Among his survivors are brother Floyd of St. George, Utah; sons John of Medford, Ore., Daniel of Yacolt, Wash., and Jimmy of Lakeview, Ore.; daughters Kim Staley of Portland, Ore., and Melanie Johnson of Stagecoach; 14 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
Capitol City Cremation & Burial Society is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature