Obituary for Juanita McCoy Humphreys
March 29, 2002
A funeral for Juanita McCoy Humphreys, 73, a Gardnerville resident for the past 12 years, will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the Carson Valley Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Minden.
Mrs. Humphreys died March 2, 2002, at St. Mary’s Hospital. She was born March 4, 1929, in Vici, Okla., to Lloyd and Cora McCoy.
She graduated from Sparks High School and attended Brigham Young University for two years.
She married Joseph Dale Humphreys April 7, 1951, in Sparks.
Before moving to Gardnerville, she lived in Reno.
Mrs. Humphreys was an executive secretary for Mobile Oil. She was a member of the Carson Valley Third Ward of the LDS Church.
Recommended Stories For You
She was preceded in death by her husband Sept. 25, 2000, and daughter Sharon Humphreys Clemenson.
Among her survivors are her children Alan of Carson City, John of Gardnerville, Grant of Glenallen, Ark. and Dawna Braunagel of Reno; one brother; seven sisters and 11 grandchildren.
Cremation will follow the service.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Church of Jesus Christ Third Ward, c/o Bishop Blankenship, 1479 Mary Jo Drive, Gardnerville, NV 89410.
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand