Obituary for Mary Ellen Tisher
September 18, 2002
Mary Ellen Tisher, 77, a Carson City resident, died Sept. 15, 2002, at home. She was born May 22, 1925, in Spanish Fork, Utah, to William and Gertrude Lacey Hutchison.
She moved to Sacramento, Calif., in 1937 where she worked at McClellan Air Force Base.
She and her husband owned and operated Manor Jewelers in Sacramento until moving to Carson City in 1965. In Carson City, they opened the fine jewelry department at Grey Reid’s Department Store. In the early 1970s, they started Liberty Jewelry & Loan where they worked until their retirement in 1982.
She and her husband enjoyed their motor home and golfing through the United States and Canada. She loved cooking and entertaining.
She was preceded in death by her husband in 1998.
Among her survivors are: her son Ralph of Washington; daughters Lynne Peleshuck of Nevada and Ellen Holm of California; four grandchildren; sister Lily Secora of Washington and brother Rex Hutchison of California.
Recommended Stories For You
Memorial contributions may be made to Saint Mary’s Hospice of Carson City.
A reception will be held in her honor at 2 p.m. Saturday. Call 882-5709 for location information.
Cremation will be at FitzHenry’s Crematory.
Fitzhenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand