Obituary for Ollie H. McFarland
October 31, 2002
A funeral for Ollie H. McFarland, 80, a Nevada resident for 22 years, will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Walton’s Chapel of the Valley.
Visitation will be from noon to 5 p.m. Thursday.
Mr. McFarland died Oct. 29, 2002, at Carson-Tahoe Hospital. He was born Feb. 14, 1922, in Illinois to Claude and Myrtle Holcutt McFarland.
He attended high school in Illinois.
He married Carmen Torres on Oct. 29, 1966, in Reno.
While in Nevada, he lived in Carson City, Dayton and Silver Springs.
Recommended Stories For You
Mr. McFarland was a commercial long-haul truck driver. He was baptized in the Catholic Church.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
He was preceded in death by his brother, Everette.
Among his survivors are his wife of Carson City; son and daughter-in-law Ted and Carol Calandra of New Jersey; daughter Claudette Stokley of Florida; sisters Pauline Ragsdale and Faye Heath, both of California; four grandchildren and several great-grandchildren.
Burial with military honors will be at 2 p.m. Friday at Northern Nevada Veterans Cemetery in Fernley.
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature