Obituary for Ulf Anker Magnan
October 31, 2002
Ulf Anker Magnan, 49, a Silver Springs resident, died Oct. 21, 2002, at his home. He was born April 1, 1953, in Los Angeles, to Olaf Monrad and Elsa M. Landaas Magnan.
He worked as an electrician in the mining industry. He was the first person in the world to fly a propelled hang glider. He enjoyed rockets, computers, inventions, surfing, hang gliding, hiking, scuba diving and all water sports. He loved animals.
He was preceded in death by his father and brother, Phillip.
Among his survivors are wife Susie of Silver Springs; stepsons Gary Schneider of San Diego, Calif., and Darin Schneider and wife Jenny of Randolph, Maine; brothers Jeffery, Teddy and Rudy, all of Dana Point, Calif., and granddaughter Isabella Schneider of Randolph.
A memorial service was held.
Capitol City Cremation & Burial Society is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’