Obituary for William H. Ziemer
November 13, 2002
A memorial service for William H. Ziemer, 74, a Minden resident for the past year, will be at the family residence at 2 p.m. Saturday.
Mr. Ziemer died Nov. 9, 2002, at Carson-Tahoe Hospital. He was born June 29, 1928, in Alameda, Calif., to Emil and Julia Ziemer.
He married Catherine Habbestad July 16, 1961, in Albuquerque, N.M.
Before moving to Minden, he lived in Pleasanton, Calif.
He served in the U.S. Coast Guard for 20 years and the Coast Guard Auxiliary for 15 years. He was a boat builder.
Among his survivors are wife Catherine of Minden; brothers John Jack of Hayward, Calif., and George Robert of Tulsa, Okla.; 13 nephews and two nieces.
Recommended Stories For You
Inurnment will be at a later date at Oak Hill Memorial Park.
Memorial contributions may be made to a charity of choice.
Capitol City Cremation & Burial Society is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’