Obituary Frederick Albert Thies
March 30, 2002
Frederick Albert Thies, 77, a Carson City resident, died March 19, 2002, in San Diego, Calif. He was born Nov. 26, 1924, in Detroit, Mich., to Frederick H. and Augusta E. Ludwig Thies.
He married Winifred T. Stuart July 25, 1947, in Detroit. She preceded him in death Aug. 16, 1999, in Carson City.
Before moving to Carson City, he lived in San Diego, Calif.
Mr. Thies retired from U.S. Navy in which he held the rating of machinist mate chief and retired with the rating of electronics technician chief in 1962. He had a total of 38 years of federal service. He was a member of the National Rifle Association and he loved the outdoors, fishing, shooting, walking and camping.
Among his survivors are his children Gerald of Clifton, Texas, Karl of Spokane, Wash., and Karen Lint of Carson City and four grandchildren.
Cremation will be in San Diego.
Recommended Stories For You
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society, 6490 S. McCarran Boulevard, Suite. 40, Reno NV 89509.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature