Obituary: Gary Auchoberry
November 27, 2002
A service for Gary Auchoberry, 64, a Carson City resident, will be held at 1 p.m. Friday at Coleville Methodist Church in Coleville, Calif.
Mr. Auchoberry died Nov. 23, 2002, at his home. He was born May 3, 1938, to Thomas Auchoberry and Bernice Smokey Auchoberry.
He was a member of the Washoe Tribe and Masonic Lodge 287 in California. He loved his family and friends, his work, and to hunt and fish.
He retired from Hunewill Construction Co. in 1998, having worked as a foreman for 27 years. He previously worked at a small construction business with his uncle in Coleville, where he lived all of his life until moving to Carson City in 1990. He had also worked with his father in construction from the age of 14.
Mr. Auchoberry served in the U.S. Army in the early 1960s.
Among his survivors are his wife, Pam; daughters Nicole Auchoberry of Reno and Michele Talas of Carson City; brother, Larry Auchoberry of Carson City; granddaughters Rochelle and Michele Talas of Carson City; Johnnie White Dog and many other family members.
Recommended Stories For You
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Carson City No-Kill Animal Shelter Building Fund.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature