Obituary: Gilbert H. Chapman
April 9, 2002
Gilbert H. Chapman, 80, a Carson City resident for the past 10 years, died April 5, 2002 at his residence.
No services will be held.
Mr. Chapman was born Dec. 25, 1921 in Fairmont, W. Va. to Gilbert H. Chapman Sr. and Louise Fleming. He was preceded in death by his wife.
Prior to living in Carson City he resided in Downey, Calif. He enjoyed fishing.
Mr. Chapman was a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars and American Legion in Downey. He served in the U.S. Air Force during World War II.
Among his survivors are his daughter, Cassandra Morrison of Minneapolis, Minn.; four nieces, several cousins and a lady friend, Sandy Brown of Carson City.
Recommended Stories For You
Cremation is under the direction of FitzHenry’s Crematory.
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature