Obituary: Gilbert Jay
June 15, 2002
Memorial services for Gilbert Jay, an 11-year resident of Gardnerville, will be at 4 p.m. Tuesday at the Carson Valley Methodist Church.
Mr. Jay died May 26, 2002 at home. He was 79.
He was born June 4, 1922, in Boulder, Colo., to Gilbert Edwin and Emily Mae Gooding Jay.
Mr. Jay worked as an insurance salesman until he retired in 1984. He was a member of the Kiwanis Club and served in the U.S. Marine Corps from 1942-1946 and again from 1950 to 1952.
He was a Methodist.
He was preceded in death by a brother Dewey, a sister Betty Hecker and friend Thelma Simmons.
Recommended Stories For You
He is survived by a daughter and son-in-law Karen and David Wells of Menomonee Falls, Wis., daughter Kathy Allison of Milwaukee, Wis.; five grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
FitzHenry’s Carson Valley Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’