Obituary Harold G. Dittenber
May 5, 2002
Funeral services for Harold G. Dittenber will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Walton’s Chapel of the Valley in Carson City.
Mr. Dittenber died May 2, 2002 at Carson-Tahoe Hospital, he was 76.
He was born Nov. 6, 1925 in Detroit to George and Mollie Freehling Dittenber. He was married July 20, 1946.
He worked in the paper industry as a maintenance supervisor from 1951 until retirement in 1991.
Mr. Dittenber moved to Carson City in 1991 from Perris, Calif. He was a member of the Masonic Lodge while living in Bell, Calif., and a member of the American Legion in Perris.
He served in the U.S. Navy and was involved in the Philippine Liberation campaign. He enjoyed fishing, hunting and gardening.
Recommended Stories For You
He was preceded in death by a son, George, in 1991.
He is survived by his wife, Marcell, of Carson City; a son Karl of Carson City and a sister Violet Sinzig of San Gabriel, Calif.; six grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
Visitation will be from 7-8 p.m. Monday at Walton’s. Burial will be at Lone Mountain Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations in his name may be made to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, 8157 S. Virginia St. Ste. 850-326, Reno NV 89511.
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says