Obituary Harold "Hop" Hopton
May 25, 2002
Harold “Hop” Hopton, 78, a Minden resident, died May 22, 2002, at his home. He was born Nov. 5, 1923, in Monassen, Pa., to Raymond and Anna Wadlowsky Hopton.
He moved to Reno in 1953. He started his 48-year career in the casino business standing in front of Harold’s Club as Davey Crockett. He ended his career at the Hyatt Regency, Lake Tahoe, in October 2001 after 25 years.
He was a veteran of World War II. He joined the Naval Reserves upon discharge and served again in the Korean War.
Among his survivors are his wife Sharon of Minden; son Michael of Mill Valley, Calif.; daughter-in-law Susan Hill; grandchildren Noah and Jonah; nieces Ann and Jeanine; nephew Dennis and many relatives in Pennsylvania and many friends.
No service will be held.
Cremation will be at FitzHenry’s Crematory.
Recommended Stories For You
Memorial contributions may be made to Friends in Service Helping, 138 E. Long St., Carson City NV 89706 or to a charity of choice.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand