Obituary: Harold Koon
September 10, 2002
A memorial service for Harold Koon, 85, a Carson City resident for the past 24 years, will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the Bethlehem Lutheran Church.
Mr. Koon died Sept. 5, 2002, at Carson-Tahoe Hospital. He was born Jan. 13, 1917, in Iowa, to Harold Charles Atwood and Mary Goudy Koon.
Before moving to Carson City, he lived in Orange County, Calif.
He married Lorene L. Jones Dec. 14, 1963, in Las Vegas.
Mr. Koon was a machinist. He owned and operated his own shop. He was a member of Bethlehem Lutheran Church.
He was preceded in death by two sisters.
Recommended Stories For You
Among his survivors are his wife Lorene of Carson City; sons Ronald Koon of Temple City, Calif., Ronald Koon of Temple City, Calif., Earl L. Isabell of South Carolina and Bruce C. Isabell of Alaska; daughters Lori Esiberg of Laguna Niguel, Calif., and Flora J. Shober of Leadville, Colo., four grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
Memorial contributions may be made to Bethlehem Lutheran Church, 1837 Mountain St., Carson City, NV 89703.
Capitol City Cremation & Burial Society is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature