Obituary: Harry E. "Skip" Davis III
April 4, 2002
A memorial service and wake for Harry E. “Skip” Davis III, 55, a Virginia City resident for the past 11 years, will be at 8 p.m. Monday at the Red Dog Saloon in Virginia City.
Mr. Davis died March 31, 2002, in Carson City. He was born Oct. 8, 1946, in Evanston, Ill.
Before moving to Virginia City, he lived at South Lake Tahoe from 1974-79, Green River, Wyo., from 1979-88 and Carson City for three years.
He served in the U.S. Marine Corps during Vietnam and was affiliated with the Julia C. Bulette Chapter of the E. Clampus Vitus in Virginia City. He loved music and art, was an avid outdoorsman and a master carpenter. He enjoyed hunting and fishing and had a great sense of humor. He was a great humanitarian and he loved animals.
Among his survivors are his daughter Ellie Eaton and son Ray, both of Green River; brother Lt. Col. Jefferson Davis of St. Louis; grandchildren Stevie Ray Davis and Julia Eaton and four stepchildren.
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’