Obituary: Helen A. Thomas
May 14, 2002
Helen A. Thomas, 89, a Carson City resident for the past 30 years, died May 10 in Carson City. She was born May 25, 1912, in Great Falls, Mont., to Rocco and Mary Tadevich.
She spent her early and high school years in Great Falls.
She married Lynn Thomas in 1955, and they moved to the Bay area of California.
Mrs. Thomas worked as a waitress in Bay area restaurants for many years. After moving to Carson City, she continued restaurant work at the Travel Lodge and Carson Station. She was a member of the Catholic Church.
She was preceded in death by her husband Lynn in 1965 and one son.
Among her survivors are sons and daughter-in-law Harold and Donna Tokerud of Pahrump and Robert and Marsha Tokerud of Irving, Texas; stepson Gilbert Thomas of Pocatello, Idaho; daughter-in-law Phyllis Tokerud of Sacramento; 21 grandchildren and 23 great-grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
At her request, there will be no formal service.
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’