Obituary: Helen Marie Gorton
July 4, 2002
Helen Marie Gorton, 71, a Carson City resident for the past four months and former Carson City resident from 1969 to 1983, died July 2, 2002, at her home. She was born Dec. 7, 1930, in Rigby, Idaho, to Frank E. and Helen Mary Harmon Searle.
Before returning to Carson City, she lived in Lincoln, Calif.
Mrs. Gorton was a homemaker. She enjoyed reading.
She was preceded in death by husband George D. Gorton in 1971 and sister Millie Dorty.
Among her survivors are her daughters Toni Heiny and Tedi Jarboe, both of Carson City; Teri Dalbey of Ridgecrest, Calif., and Tami Gorton of Carson City; brother Fred Searle of Auburn, Calif.; sisters Margaret Lee of Nicolas, Calif., Marion Bigler of Sacramento, Calif. and Marylin Clark of Loomis, Calif.; five grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
A private family memorial will be at a later date.
Recommended Stories For You
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Mary’s Hospice, 3264 Goni Road, Suite 151, Carson City 89706.
Capitol City Cremation & Burial Society is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says