Obituary: Jack Henry
June 22, 2002
Jack Henry, 75, a Gardnerville resident for four years, died June 15 at Mountain View Care Center in Carson City.
Mr. Henry was born Nov. 11, 1926, in Greenwood, Ind., to Thomas A. and Ethel Plummer Henry.
A U.S. Army veteran of the Korean War, he drove trucks and worked as a dispatcher after the war. He worked for the California Edison Co. for 23 years.
He is survived by wife Beverly of Gardnerville; son Jack P.; daughter Arlana Taylor; sisters Mary Katherine and Joanne; stepdaughter Christy Irvine and stepson Brandt Simpson; four grandchildren, Ginina, Shannon, Bryan and Samantha and five great-grandchildren.
No services will be held at Mr. Henry’s request. Family members and friends will hold a private gathering sometime in July.
Cremation will be at FitzHenry’s Crematory in Carson City. FitzHenry’s Carson Valley Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand