Obituary: Jack William Nye
April 27, 2002
Mr. Nye was born May 20, 1918, in Buffalo, N.Y. Before moving to Florida, he lived in Carson City for 16 years.
Mr. Nye retired from the U.S. Army as a captain after serving 23 years. He served in World War II, Korea and Vietnam.
While living in Carson City, Mr. Nye was known to help many people financially in their time of need. He was an avid golfer and played the Eagle Valley Golf Course every chance the weather would allow. As a youth, he caddied for many famous golf pros and enjoyed telling humorous stories. He also enjoyed gardening.
Mr. Nye was preceded in death by his parents, Charles and Pearl Nye. Among his survivors are his sister Virginia Scarpine of Panama City, Fla. and brother Urban Nye of Winter Springs.
No service is scheduled. Mr. Nye will be buried in Arlington National Cemetery.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says