Obituary: James Ray Garrison
November 22, 2002
A memorial service for James Ray Garrison, 63, a Carson City resident for the past 35 years, will be held at a later date.
He died Nov. 20, 2002, in Carson City. He was born May 14, 1939, in San Bernardino, Calif., to Raymond L. and Margaret Erwin Garrison.
He graduated from Van Nuys High School in Van Nuys, Calif.
He married Joan Gill in 1956, in Los Angeles.
He was a carpenter and concrete finisher in the construction industry.
Among his survivors are: his wife of Carson City; son, James Ray of Gardnerville; daughter, Mindy Thede of Sciocton, Wis.; sisters Patricia Lemus of Agoura Hills, Calif., Patty Cabbler of Reno and Betty Carson of Carson City; brothers Don of Gardnerville, Bill of Genoa and Jimmy of Gardnerville; five grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’