Obituary — Jean Louise Mallory
March 19, 2002
Jean Louise Mallory, 68, a Carson City resident, died March 12, 2002, at Higgins Lake, Mich. She was born to Marion and Louise Mallory, who founded the Mallory Electric Corp., which started in Toledo, Ohio, moved to Detroit, Mich., and then to Carson City.
She attended Highland Park High School in Highland Park, Mich., and attended Rollins College in Florida.
Ms. Mallory was a philanthropist, assisting people, animals and charitable and educational organizations. While living in Carson City, she established scholarships for University of Nevada, Reno business college students, donated irreplaceable memorabilia to the College of Engineering and made contributions for the benefit of organizations through the Mallory Foundation which she established.
She loved to read, garden and be with her pets, especially her macaw bird, Max.
A service will be at a later date.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- 4 Northwest Nevada solar projects proposed