Obituary: Jesus Al Ramirez
May 24, 2002
A funeral for Jesus Al Ramirez, 76, a Mound House resident, will be at noon Tuesday at FitzHenry’s Chapel of Faith. A viewing will be from 2-4 p.m. Saturday at FitzHenry’s with a recitation of the Rosary at 4 p.m.
Mr. Ramirez died May 22, 2002, in Carson City. He was born Nov. 25, 1925, in Santa Monica, Calif., to Candelario and Julia Gonzales Ramirez.
He had lived in Nevada for 10 years coming from Watsonville, Calif.
Mr. Ramirez was a member of the Operating Engineers. He was a member of St. Teresa of Avila Catholic Church. He loved Harley Davidsons, gardening, telling stories and his family.
He was a World War II veteran and received the American Campaign Medal, WWII Victory Medal and Distinguished Unit Badge.
Among his survivors are his wife Margaret of Mound House; sons Edward and Maurice, both of Watsonville, Calif., and William of Carson City; daughter Jacqueline Friesell of Carson City; brothers Jerry of Hayward, Calif., and Barney Jauregui of Watsonville; sisters Marcelina Gomez, Virginia Luna and Julia LaGrange of Watsonville and nine grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
Burial will be at Lone Mountain Cemetery.
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature