Obituary: John Burritt Howell
July 14, 2002
Funeral services for John Burritt Howell a 15-year resident will be at 2 p.m. Monday at Walton’s Chapel of the Valley. He was 87.
Mr. Howell died July 13, 2002, at home. He was born May 2, 1915, in California to William R. and Frances M. Wells Howell.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy and was a building inspector for residential homes. He liked taking walks, dancing and fishing.
Prior to living in Carson City he lived in Nevada City, Calif.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Phoebe in 2000.
Among his survivors are a son Ron Clausen of Castro Valley, Calif.; daughters Judy Foxglove of Reno and Cherie Horton of Carson City; a brother Dean Howell of Los Angeles; seven grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
Burial will follow services at Walton’s Gardens Cemetery in Carson City.
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature