Obituary: John Carroll Ruddock II
October 3, 2002
A funeral for John Carroll Ruddock II, 74, a Gardnerville resident for the past eight years, will be at 1 p.m. Friday at FitzHenry’s Carson Valley Funeral Home in Gardnerville.
Mr. Ruddock died Sept. 29, 2002, at Washoe Medical Center. He was born March 2, 1928, in Los Angeles, to John Carroll and Agnes Scholl Ruddock.
Before moving to Gardnerville, he lived in Southern California.
Mr. Ruddock was an entomologist. He enjoyed hunting and was the former owner of Carson Valley Exterminators. He headed Vector Control for 30 years for Los Angeles County.
He served in the U.S. Navy.
Among his survivors are his wife Shirley of Gardnerville; son John of Los Angeles; daughters Dorothy Brame of Antioch, Calif., Mary Kay Knox of San Rafael, Calif., Anne Geiger of Sonoma, Calif., Laura Cobb of Yorktown, Va., Denise Dickinson of Canyon County, Calif. and Rickie Pratt of Valencia, Calif.; sister Mary Rotchstein of Cloverdale, Calif.; 13 grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
Burial will be at Eastside Memorial Park in Minden.
FitzHenry’s Carson Valley Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature