Obituary: John J. Mandoki
September 17, 2002
A memorial Mass for John J. Mandoki, 62, a Carson City resident for the past 15 years, will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Teresa’s Catholic Church.
Mr. Mandoki died Sept. 12, 2002, at his home. He was born June 20, 1940, in Kisvarda, Hungary, to Laszlo Szabo and Magdelena Fozo Szilagyi.
He came to America in 1957 during the Hungarian revolution.
Before moving to Carson City, he lived in Los Angeles.
Mr. Mandoki owned JM Furniture Refinishing Inc., in Carson City and did furniture finishing for 35 years. He loved the ’50s, Hot August Nights was his favorite event and he was always building things. He was a Catholic.
He served in the U.S. Army.
Recommended Stories For You
He was preceded in death by his father; sister Magda Gerisenyi, brother Szabl Tibor and brothers-in-law Kalman, John and Ferenc.
Among his survivors are his wife Marika, daughter and son-in-law Monika and Jesse Mandoki and sons Steve and John, all of Carson City; son Laci Mandoki of Portland, Ore.; daughters Julie Mandoki, Jean Luft, Maggie Mandoki and Elizabeth Mandoki, all of Michigan and 22 grandchildren.
Cremation will be at FitzHenry’s Crematory.
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society, 6490 S. McCarran Blvd., Suite 40, Reno, NV 89509-0609.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’