Obituary: John P. Anderson
July 13, 2002
A memorial service for John P. Anderson, 60, a Gardnerville resident for the past two years, will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Gall Catholic Church.
Mr. Anderson died June 29, 2002, in Reno. He was born Oct. 1, 1941, in Minnesota, to John and Hannah Anderson.
Before moving to Gardnerville, he lived in Agua Dulce, Calif. for 12 years.
Mr. Anderson worked as a police officer for the Los Angeles Police Department. He was a member of the Ham Radio Club and a member of St. Gall Catholic Church.
He served for three years in the Vietnam War.
He was preceded in death by brother Gordon Hill.
Recommended Stories For You
Among his survivors are his wife Bev of Gardnerville; sister Sharon Thal; brothers David and Larry and godchildren Christianne and Jacob Orear.
Cremation will be at FitzHenry’s Crematory.
Memorial contributions may be made to the City of Hope, 1500 Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010.
FitzHenry’s Carson Valley Funeral Home, Gardnerville, is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says