Obituary: John Thomas VanLoon
July 4, 2002
John Thomas VanLoon, 53, a Carson City resident for the past eight years, died July 1, 2002, at his home. He was born Oct. 1, 1948, in Portland, Ore., to Jack and Mamie Hixson VanLoon.
Before moving to Carson City, he lived in Yakima, Wash.
Mr. VanLoon was a volunteer worker for the Ormsby ARC. He enjoyed hunting, fishing and talking on his CB radio. He was a past member of the Movers and Doers Club.
Among his survivors are his sister Elsie Parkerson of Carson City; nephew Bob Parkerson and great-nieces Ashley and Shaylene Parkerson.
Cremation will be at FitzHenry’s Funeral Home.
Memorial contributions may be made to Ormsby ARC, 4611 Goni Road, Carson City, NV 89701 or the American Diabetes Association, 2785 E. Desert Inn Road, Las Vegas, NV 89121.
Recommended Stories For You
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home and Crematory is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature