Obituary: Lawrence "Larry" David Stratton
December 27, 2002
Lawrence “Larry” David Stratton, 78, a Wellington resident, died Dec. 22, 2002, in Gardnerville.
He was born Aug. 28, 1924, in Los Angeles, to George and Thelma Griffith Stratton.
Mr. Stratton and his wife owned Cardinal Village Resort in Bishop, Calif., for 17 years before moving to Carson City in 1985, to Grants Pass, Ore. in 1992 and Wellington in 2001.
He was the owner of Larry Stratton Tile Contractor. He loved his family, gardening, fishing and his domestic birds.
He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II from 1943-45 as a tail gunner and radioman on a PBY flying boat. He stayed stateside with his crew, training new pilots. He had orders in hand to go overseas to join the war effort when the war ended.
Among his survivors are his wife of 55 years, Nadine of Wellington; sons and daughers-in-law Harold and Linda of Las Vegas, Patrick and Michelle of Stagecoach; son, James of Bishop; daughters Leslie Linson of Las Vegas, Jody Stroud, Teri Burgess and her boyfriend Gary Williams all of Bishop; daughter and son-in-law, Debra and Keith Jackson of Bishop; 15 grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
At his request, a private service will be held.
FitzHenry’s Carson Valley Funeral Home in Gardnerville is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature