Obituary: Lenora Nelli Withrow
July 23, 2002
Lenora Nelli Withrow, 96, a Yerington resident, died July 20, 2002, at the South Lyon Medical Center, Long Term Facility in Yerington. She was born June 6, 1906, in Ostrander, Minn.
She married Carl Ruecker. He died in 1934. She then married Jay Withrow in 1935 and he also preceded her in death.
Mrs. Withrow worked in the shipyards in Richmond, Calif. as a welder during World War II on the Liberty Ships. She had an upholstery shop in Hawthorne and moved to Yerington after retiring. She enjoyed her family, gardening, raising chickens and playing nickels.
In addition to her husbands, she was preceded in death by daughters from her first marriage Elaine and Betty, son by second marriage Edward and by eight brothers and sisters.
Among her survivors are her son Bill of Yerington; eight grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews.
Private family services were held with inurnment to take place at the Corning Cemetery District in California at a later date.
Recommended Stories For You
Freitas Rupracht Funeral Home, Yerington, is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand