Obituary: Letha Faye Ladd
September 1, 2002
Funeral services for Letha Faye Ladd a 12-year resident of Northern Nevada will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Calvary Baptist Church in Dayton.
Mrs. Ladd died Aug. 30, 2002, at Washoe Village Care Center. She was 73. She was born Sept. 16, 1928 in Julesburg, Colo., to Guy and Blanche Harold Bothel.
A longtime secretary in the aerospace industry, Mrs. Ladd earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration at the University of California at LaVerne while in her mid 50s.
Prior to moving to Northern Nevada she lived in Chino Hills, Calif. At the time of her death she lived in Silver Springs.
She was a member of the Calvary Baptist Church in Dayton.
She was a longtime member of the “55” club, was active in church and was an avid bowler and camper.
Recommended Stories For You
She was preceded in death by her husband, two sisters and a brother.
Among her survivors are her sons Steve Simmons of Dayton and Robert Simmons of Oklahoma; daughters Victoria Kelly of Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., Dena Cetti of Palmdale, Calif.; three sisters; 11 grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 5-8 p.m. Wednesday at FitzHenry’s Funeral Home in Carson City.
Burial will be at Dayton Cemetery following the funeral.
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home in Carson City is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand