Obituary: Lillie Brumfield
May 16, 2002
Lillie Brumfield, 88, a Carson City resident for the past 25 years, died April 23, 2002, at Regent Care Center of Reno.
Services will be held at a later date in Orange, California, for Mrs. Brumfield, who was born July 1, 1913, in Madill, Oklahoma, to George and Mary Stout Meadows.
She Married Norval Brumfield in 1933 in Orange.
She was preceded in death by her husband in 1976; five brothers; five sisters and one great-grandson.
Mrs. Brumfield worked 20 years with VanDekamps Bakery. She attended First Baptist Church in Cason City.
Among survivors are her son, Jim Brumfield of Carson City; grandsons Richard Brumfield of Orange and Chris Brumfield of Santa Maria, California; and seven great-grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
The Neptune Society of Nevada is in charge of arrangements. Her ashes will be buried in Orange.
The family requests donations be made to Vista Care Hospice, 6225 Neil Road, No. 201, Reno NV 89502.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says