Obituary: Lois Mayfield
April 2, 2002
A funeral for Lois Mayfield, 78, a Stagecoach resident for the past 22 years, will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Walton’s Chapel of the Valley with Pastor Dick Campbell officiating.
Visitation will be from 6-9 p.m. Wednesday at Walton’s Chapel of the Valley.
Mrs. Mayfield died March 31, 2002, in Reno at St. Mary’s Hospital. She was born Oct. 14, 1923, in Wisconsin to Floyd and Gladys Coen.
Before moving to Stagecoach, she lived in Southern California.
Mrs. Mayfield was a homemaker. She was a past member of the Eastern Star. She enjoyed cross-stitching, embroidering, knitting and sewing and made all her own clothes. She also loved gardening and spending time with her family.
She was preceded in death by a brother, Richard Coen, in 1996.
Recommended Stories For You
Among her survivors are her husband of 44 years, Leon, of Stagecoach; daughters Jerry Garrison of Auburn, Ill., Bonnie Schaar of Stagecoach, Penny Verner of Tahlequah, Okla., Bobbie Jo Miller of Atwater, Calif. and Violet Kay Sandhagen of Silver Springs; stepdaughters Toni Tyson of Truckee and Sharon Mayfield of Southern California; sisters Dorothy Lasky of Redding, Calif. and Betty Grob of Norco, Calif.; 17 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren.
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand