Obituary Lois Smith
March 16, 2002
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Monday for Lois Smith 88, a 10-year resident of Carson City.
Mrs. Smith died March 14, 2002, in Carson City. She was born April 16, 1913, in Snyder, Texas to Marvin and Emma Bridgeman Wood.
Prior to moving to Carson City, Mrs. Smith lived in Corona, Calif.
She enjoyed rodeo and loved watching her children and grandchildren participate in rodeo.
She was preceded in death by a grandchild, a great-grandchild a son, Stephen W. Smith in 1991 and her husband, Julian “Jute” Smith in 1985. He was a rodeo stock contractor.
She is survived by her sons Julian Smith Jr. of Washoe Valley, Marvin L. of Minden; daughters Zera Lois “Z” Varian of Parkfield, Calif., Suzanne M. Montero of Winnemucca and Linda G. Vick of Hesperia, Calif.; a sister Gail Harman of Fallbrook Calif.; 21 grandchildren and 25 great-grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
Services will be at FitzHenry’s Chapel of Faith, 833 N. Edmonds Dr. in Carson City. Burial will be at Lone Mountain Cemetery.
Donation in her name can be made to the Justin Cowboy Crisis Fund, c/o the Professional Rodeo Cowboys’ Association, 101 Pro Rodeo Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80919.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature