Obituary: Loraine D. Leutwyler
May 15, 2002
A graveside service for Loraine D. Leutwyler, 87, a Carson City resident for the past 20 years, will be at noon Thursday at Walton’s Chapel of the Valley.
Mrs. Leutwyler died May 14, 2002, at Carson-Tahoe Hospital, following an extended illness. She was born April 26, 1915, in Galveston, Texas, to Mello and Leila Hoffman.
She spent her early years and attended schools in Texas.
Before moving to Carson City, she lived in Hillsboro, Ore., Bakersfield, Calif., San Diego, Calif., and Pennsylvania.
She was preceded in death by her husband Fred in 1998.
Among her survivors are her son Patrick of Carson City; sons and daughters-in-law Mello and Thea of Tigard, Ore., and Charles and Glenda, of Hillsboro, Ore.; five grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit