Obituary: Louis A. Downs
November 14, 2002
A memorial service for Louis A. Downs, 71, a Yerington resident, will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the Northern Nevada Memorial Cemetery, with military honors being provided by the Veterans Memorial Association of Western Nevada.
Mr. Downs died Nov. 9, 2002, at the South Lyon Medical Center in Yerington. He was born April 14, 1931, in Toledo, Ohio, to Arthur and Garnet Emilene McFarland Downs.
He joined the U.S. Navy at a very young age and served more than 20 years during the Korean and Vietnam wars. After retiring from the Navy, he worked in California and retired in 1998 when he moved to Yerington.
Among his survivors are wife Bonnie of Yerington; sons Randy of Sacramento and Darrell of Fairfield; and grandchildren Darrell Jr., Josh, Aissa, Tonya and Samantha.
Freitas Rupracht Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature