Obituary: Louis M. Jones
November 28, 2002
Louis M. Jones, 81, a Carson City resident since 1986, died Nov. 26 at Carson Convalescent Center.
No services are scheduled.
Mr. Jones was born Aug. 13, 1921, in Indiana to Louis I. and Emma Major Jones. He was preceded in death by his sister Mary Shipley.
Mr. Jones married Bette Turner on April 20, 1947, in Fairmount, Ind. Before living in Carson City, he lived in Fremont, Calif.
Mr. Jones was a brick mason and owned and operated L & B Rock Shop in Virginia City.
He was a member of St. Teresa of Avila Catholic Community.
Recommended Stories For You
Mr. Jones served in the U.S. Marine Corps during World War II.
Among his survivors are his wife Bette Jones of Carson City; daughter Roberta Jones of Livermore, Calif.; sister Vivian Moore of Carson City; and grandchildren Samantha, Danielle and Christine Moos, all of Livermore.
Inurnment will be held at Lone Mountain Cemetery.
Capitol City Cremation and Burial Society in Carson City is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’