Obituary: Louise Christie
June 10, 2003
A funeral Mass for Louise A. Christie, 87, a Carson City resident for the past 17 years, was Monday at St. Teresa of Avila Catholic Church.
Mrs. Christie died June 5, 2003, in Carson City. She was born Oct. 23, 1915, in Helena, Mont.
She attended high school in Helena.
She married Arthur L. Christie on Aug. 27, 1931, in Helena.
Before moving to Carson City, she lived in Incline Village for 13 years; Danville, Calif., for 30 years; and Anaconda, Mont., for 15 years.
Mrs. Christie and her husband owned and operated flower shops in Anaconda and Danville. She was a member of St. Teresa and the Holy Names Society of Danville.
Recommended Stories For You
She was preceded in death by her son.
Among her survivors are her husband of 72 years, Arthur; daughter and son-in-law, Daryl and Kenneth Captain of Carson City; two grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
Burial will be in Walton’s Carson Gardens Cemetery.
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Chicago-flavor restaurant coming to Carson City
- NV Energy CEO criticizes Energy Choice amendment
- 2018 Primary Election guide: Justice of the Supreme Court, Seat C
- Arrest for using cell phone while driving, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Cardoza pleads guilty to second-degree murder in 2013 Carson City case