Obituary: Lucille G. Black
October 5, 2002
Private services are planned for Lucille G. Black, 81, a 14-year Carson City resident, who died Oct. 3 at Regent Care of Reno.
She was born Jan. 20, 1921, in Salt Lake City to John and Winnie (Gibson) Ford.
Mrs. Black moved to Carson City from Salt Lake City where she was a state social worker and human rights activist. She was a Christian.
She is survived by: sons William A. Giles and Dan Black of Salt Lake City, and Vaughn R. Hansen of Wilton, Calif.; daughters Jolie Glenn of Reno, Jannie Wagner and Leisa Mayfield of Carson City; brother Gerald R. Ford of Corpus Christi, Texas; and 10 grandchildren.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’