Obituary Lucy Barlow Dehne
May 12, 2002
Lucy Barlow Dehne, an Indian Hills resident since 1971, died May 6, 2002, at Carson Convalescent Center. She was 66.
Mrs. Dehne was born July 20, 1935, in Durham County, England to John W. and Amy Beatrice Barlow. She was married to Air Force career officer Donald L. Dehne in 1957. They traveled the world until settling in Jacks Valley.
She was a homemaker, but also worked as a clerk at Corona’s Stationery & Gifts and as a Red Cross volunteer nurse. She found special joy in working in her English garden and creating a beautiful home for her family.
Mrs. Dehne was preceded in death by her husband in 1999.
She is survived by her son Gary of Carson City, and son Lance and daughter Denise Pursel of Reno; brothers Frank, John and Jeff Barlow, and sister Dulcie Millhouse of England, two grandchildren, mother-in-law Peggy Dehne of Carson City, daughter-in-law Lisa Tierney-Dehne and former son-in-law Loren Pursel.
No service is planned. Memorial contributions can be made to the American Cancer Society, PO Box 21775, Carson City, Nev. 89702.
Recommended Stories For You
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley in Carson City was in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature