Obituary Margaret Etta Morris
October 10, 2002
Mrs. Morris died Oct. 5, 2002, in South Lake Tahoe. She was born March 1, 1913, in Garden Valley, Idaho, to Dennis and Leona Aiken Needles.
She attended high school in Boise, Idaho, and two years of nursing school in Pocatello, Idaho.
Before moving to Gardnerville, she lived in Citrus Heights, Calif., for 15 years.
Mrs. Morris was a registered nurse for U.S. Public Health Service on Indian reservations for 27 years and retired in 1975. She was a member of the Lutheran church.
She served in the U.S. Army during World War II at Pearl Harbor.
She married Bob Morris in 1950. He preceded her in death in 1976.
Recommended Stories For You
Among her survivors are her sons and daughters-in-law Richard and Janie Ferguson of Gardnerville and Paul and Vicki Morris of Seattle, Wash.; daughter and son-in-law Leona and Joseph Mueller of Paulsbo, Wash.; brothers Charles Needles of Meridian, Idaho, and Elver Needles of Baker, Ore.; five grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
Cremation will be at Walton’s Sierra Crematory.
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand