Obituary Marshall Meckley
October 1, 2002
Mr. Meckley was born Aug. 12, 1910, in St. Louis, Mo., to Thomas Albert and Dovie Van Cleave Meckley. He worked in the painting and wallpapering business for many years before he and his wife, Helen, moved to Gardnerville. He was employed by The Record-Courier for several years and took over his wife’s Avon products route after her death.
The Meckleys were married in Highland Park, Ill., on July 13, 1934.
He belonged to the Moose Lodge in Highland Park and was an active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Mr. Meckley is survived by a son, Robert Duane Meckley, of Alameda, Calif., grandchildren Debra Ray Martin of Alameda, Robert Duane Meckley II of Wauconda, Ill., Marshall Thomas Meckley II of Algonquin, Ill., Heather Lee Hill of West Milford, N. J., and Thom Stephenson of Pennsylvania; great-grandchildren Jason Dru Seleski of Carson City; Debra Ann Meckley and Mathew Marshall Meckley of Illinois and Sidney Ann Stephenson of Pennsylvania and great-great-grandchildren Dru Michael Robert Seleski and Lindsey Fay Serpa, both of Carson City.
A memorial service was held Sept. 27, 2002, at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Carson Valley ward. Inurnment followed at the Eastside Memorial Cemetery in Minden.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand