Obituary: Marvin ‘Bud’ Williams
June 24, 2002
A memorial service for Marvin “Bud” Williams, 65, a Carson City resident for the past 10 years, will be held 3 p.m. Wednesday at Walton’s Chapel of the Valley on 1281 North Roop Street.
Mr. Williams died June 22 at his home.
He was born Jan. 9., 1937 in San Bernadino Calif. to Margaret Rose Fritz and Marvin Louis Williams.
Before coming to Carson City he lived in Northridge, Calif.
Mr. Williams was an owner-operator truck driver before retiring. He served in the United States Air Force in 1954 at Goosebay Labrador.
He enjoyed going to the Nugget and having coffee at Grandma Hattie’s. He also enjoyed spending time with his family and karaoke.
Recommended Stories For You
He is survived by his wife Tina of Carson City; sons Mark and Myke of Palmdale, Calif.; daughters Amanda Williams of Carson City and Michelle Garcia of Toluca Lake, Calif.; brothers Sarge Williams and Gary Fritz of Carson City, John Fritz of Hawaii, Mike Williams of Upland Calif., and David Williams of Las Vegas; sisters Jan Elam of Carson City and Cathy Williams of Victorville, Calif.; four grandchildren, his “special niece” Sher Bear and many nieces and nephews.
In lieu of flowers the family wishes donations be made to Saint Mary’s Hospice of Northern Nevada.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand