Obituary: Mary D. French
May 1, 2002
Mary D. French, 76, a Gardnerville resident for the past 16 months, died April 25, 2002, at Carson-Tahoe Hospital. She was born Nov. 23, 1925, in Los Angeles to Ernest S. and Clara Artemia Kull Donaldson. She was a seventh-generation Californian and a sixth-generation Angelino.
Before moving to Gardnerville, she lived in Tujunga, Calif., for 38 years.
She graduated from the University of Southern California.
Mrs. French was an elementary school teacher in Los Angeles city schools. She was a member of Alpha Phi and a mother in Job’s Daughters in Los Angelitas. She was a member of the Christian Science. She enjoyed dancing.
Among her survivors are her husband of 49 years Dewey A. of Gardnerville; son Travis; daughter Dee Dee Blackburn; daughter-in-law Petrina French and grandchildren Wendy Blackburn, Stephen French and Courtney French.
Cremation will be at FitzHenry’s Crematory.
Recommended Stories For You
FitzHenry’s Carson Valley Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’