Obituary: Mary Elizabeth Wumkes
September 13, 2002
A funeral for Mary Elizabeth Wumkes, 81, a Gardnerville resident for the past six years, was held Wednesday in Fresno, Calif.
Mrs. Wumkes died Sept. 6, 2002, at Carson-Tahoe Hospital. She was born Oct. 15, 1920, in Billings, Mont., to Edward T. and Martha Quier Wright.
Before moving to Gardnerville, she lived in California.
Mrs. Wumkes worked as a supervisor in the computer industry for many years. She loved her family and cats and enjoyed cooking, baking, needlepoint and sewing. She was a Catholic.
She was preceded in death by son Donald Bushman.
Among her survivors are her sons John Bushman of Kensington, Md., and Douglas Bushman of San Jose, Calif.; daughters Cathy Pickard of Reno, Sarah Vido of Gardnerville and Marybeth Luna of Fresno, Calif.; brother Edward Wright; 13 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
Burial will be at Fresno Memorial Gardens in Fresno.
FitzHenry’s Carson Valley Funeral Home, Gardnerville, is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’