Obituary: Mary F. Johnson
May 16, 2002
A private graveside service for Mary F. Johnson, 81, a Carson City resident for the past 30 years, will be at 2 p.m. today at Lone Mountain Cemetery.
Mrs. Johnson died May 12, 2002, in Carson City. She was born Oct. 26, 1920, in Gibson City, Ill., to Will F. and Eva Kern Bennett.
Before moving to Carson City, she lived in Santa Cruz, Calif.
Mrs. Johnson retired from the Santa Cruz Public Library after 30 years of service. She was active in the AARP.
She was preceded in death by her husband Robert Feb. 20, 1990.
Among her survivors are her son David of Santee, Calif.; sister Myrtle Stuart of Indiana; one grandchild and two great-grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
Cremation will be at FitzHenry’s Crematory.
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’