Obituary Mary R. Lopont
March 20, 2002
A service for Mary R. Lopont, 97, a Carson City resident for the past 25 years, will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Teresa Catholic Church.
Visitation will be from noon to 5 p.m. today at Walton’s Chapel of the Valley.
Mrs. Lopont died March 17, 2002, in Carson City. She was born Dec. 13, 1904, in Naples, Italy, to Ignacia and Sovina Tiore Rapolla.
She married Jim Lopont in 1920 in Fresno, Calif. He preceded her in death in 1979.
Mrs. Lopont worked in canneries for many years. During World War II, she worked for Caterpillar Co. making war equipment.
Among her survivors are her daughter and son-in-law Sarah and Bill Manning of Carson City; sister Delia Gillespie of Fresno, Calif.; three grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
Entombment will be in Walton’s Carson Gardens.
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- 4 Northwest Nevada solar projects proposed