Obituary: Nancy Joy Stout
August 3, 2002
Memorial services for Nancy Joy Stout will be at 3 p.m. Monday at Walton’s Chapel of the Valley.
Mrs. Stout died Aug. 2, 2002 at her home in Carson City. She was born Oct. 6, 1933 in Huntington Park, Calif., to Myron and Jonnie Shackelford Chapdelain.
She attended high school in California and two years of college, where she studied music.
She married Jack Stout in 1963 in Las Vegas.
Prior to moving to Carson City she lived in Coleville, Calif.
She and her husband built the Sierra East Mobile Home Subdivision and the Shingle Mill Campground in the Walker River area of Mono County.
Recommended Stories For You
She was a member of the Unity Church and loved to paint, sew and travel.
Among her survivors are her husband of Carson City; son and daughter-in-law Mark and Iris Stout of Nashville, Tenn. and son Rex Stout of Long Beach, Calif.; and a granddaughter Kaley Stout of Carson City.
Cremation will be at Walton’s Carson Sierra Crematory.
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand