Obituary Nancy W. Schilling
October 2, 2002
Visitation will be from 9 to 11 a.m. at Walton’s.
Mrs. Schilling died Sept. 29, 2002, at her home. She was born March 29, 1918, in Grimsby, England, to Frederick J. and Winifred Holliday Hobbins.
She married Phillip Otto Ernest Schilling. He preceded her in death in 1977.
Before moving to Carson City, she lived at South Lake Tahoe for 25 years and San Fernando Valley, Calif., for more than 25 years.
Mrs. Schilling was a homemaker. She loved to travel and had gone on 32 cruises. She was a professional stamp collector and she loved to read, knit and she enjoyed her cats.
Among her survivors are her sons Ernest of Mexico; son and daughter-in-law George and Vera of Minden; daughter Leslie H. Martin of Carson City; seven grandchildren and numerous great-grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
Burial will be at Happy Homestead Cemetery at South Lake Tahoe.
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’